So due to what is being called "Hurricane Davis County", I was granted a day off from work. How was this day spent? Without power. So what did I do to keep myself busy?
1. I cleaned out one of my closets, which resulted in a box of items to give to the DI, and a box of garbage. This was major progress for me, I've been meaning to do that for months.
2. Read me some "Goblet of Fire". I haven't been reading as much as I would like to because I've been choosing TV over reading. Well today I didn't have that option.
3. Took a nap. Because of the tenacious winds all through the night, I didn't sleep well. The nap helped a lot. I love naps.
4. Started watching Sliders on my laptop. I had been refraining from using my laptop for fun because I needed the battery power to charge my phone which was dying quickly because of the mass amount of texts I was receiving through the day. Sliders is an awesome show by the way.
5. Packed up and went to my mom's house (thanks mom!) where I could take a nice hot shower in a bathroom that didn't require a flashlight to see. The power isn't supposed to come back on anytime soon at my place, so I'm camping out where it'll be warm and I can access the internet. I did have to leave my kitty Lily at home, which made me really sad, and I hope she survives. It's going to be a cold night and there's no heat. She's smarter than the average kitty though.
Sidenote: It's amazing how attached I am to my electronics. This is both bad and good.
Last night was a total disaster, glad you had a warm house to go to! Our power came back on this morning!ReplyDelete
Sounds like a lot of people opted to stay home and brave it out. Honestly I found out this morning that I could've stayed home since the power came back on about 7pm last night at my place. I'm glad you have power again!ReplyDelete