In no particular order:
1. Finishing the entire Harry Potter series on book as I promised myself I would do. This was a huge accomplishment for me, and yes I'm way behind the times, but I'm proud. And also now a bigger fan than before.
2. Rekindling old friendships. Two amazing women came back into my life this year, and I'm so glad they did. This is a shout out to Jordan and Angie. I love you both!
3. Moving. For some this isn't as big of deal, but for me it was a fresh start. I left behind the old baggage with my previous place. And man was it baggage. With this new place I was able to open myself up for change and I see it everyday.
4. Game Nights. This is my attempt to become more social. I tend to be a homebody which I love. But I realize I need to get out and do things too, and this is one thing I'm loving. Probably because it involves wine and people I love.
5. Standing up for myself more and not worrying about what others think about what I've got to say. Everyone has their opinion and I've learned it's ok to express mine as long as it's healthy to myself.
6. Taking my love for writing one step further by collaborating on a blog with dear Jordan. It's been exciting and overwhelming and that's a good thing (shameless plug: www.foreveracouchpotato.wordpress.com)
I'm so glad for the experiences I've had this year whether they were positive or negative. I've learned from them, and that's a good thing!
Happy New Year to everyone, and let's make 2013 great! (We did survive the apocalypse after all).
I also thought I'd share some key picture moments from this year. Some or most I have probably shared somewhere on a social network I participate in, or even on this here blog. But this is about reflection, so enjoy!
|In which I started collecting fortunes that made me look toward the future|
|In which I further solidified my geek status and got my own TARDIS|
|In which Lily tried to interrupt everything I do with her cuteness|
|In which one of my best friends Jennie came to town and|
I took a picture of her with Apollo Ono at Subway
because that's what you do.
|In which I voted and pissed off a bunch of people|
|In which I sunburned the hell out of myself and then hung out with|
one of my best friends the amazing Angie
|In which I even further solidified my geek status|
and tried liquid art by drawing a Dalek.
|In which Angie brought me back delicious beer from Oregon|
for watching her adorable kitteh Sookie
|In which I started cooking more and made some pretty damn|
|In which Melissa (my sister) and I were screwed by the wishbone|
|In which I bought adorable things and spent next to nothing for them.|
|In which I attended my first Black Friday as a shopper with|
one of my best friends Jordan. Also in which we were photobombed
maybe on purpose.
Happy New Year everyone!!!